Thursday, August 20, 2009

Desiring Amazement



Desiring Amazement
Amazed: “Filled with wonder and awe”
Beth Moore asked this question in the study of John the Beloved Disciple
"When was the last time Christ amazed you? How did it come about?
"What did it change about your or someone else's circumstances?"
LORD! Nothing came quickly to my mind…or slowly either! I am sorry!
I know this is not Your fault…it is mine.
My eyes and ears have been dulled by the vile image of television that I put before me! Forgive me, LORD.
There is all this talk about DTV and the changes that will take place and converter boxes and antennas…etc. LORD, I desire to be tuned in to You alone! I want to learn amazement!
I want to recognize Your work in my life and the life or those around me and in Your world in such a way that daily I am amazed!…
the crowds were amazed at His teaching….
…the men were amazed...
…the people were amazed and they praised God...
…the people were so amazed…
…this amazed everyone…
…and many who heard Him were amazed…
Let the AMAZEMENT begin~
The disciples were amazed at His words
Pilate was amazed…
"utterly amazed"
Those who encountered Jesus were amazed!
I don't want, I can't be, satisfied with "ho hum" I want to be amazed by YOU, LORD Jesus.
I want to know AWE in Your Presence!
This will be my record of amazement…
Sanctify my thoughts, my imagination, my ears, my eyes and my mind that I might recognize You and Your work in "my world" and stand amazed! Please don't let it pass by unnoticed!
What amazes me about Jesus…
· Your sacrificial gift of love…for me!
· Your lavish love for the people in Your earthly life.
· You want to have a relationship with Me!
What amazes me about My God?
That You love the people of the world so much that You would give Jesus as a sacrifice for our/my sins….amazing
Joshua 3:5
Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do
amazing things among you."
"Amazed"
Seven times in Matthew
Twelve times in Mark
Ten times in Luke
Two times in John
Six times in Acts
Luke 2:46-47
After three days they found Him in the temple courts,
sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.
Everyone who heard Him was amazed at His understanding and His answers.
"Amazed" literally means "to remove oneself"
"to lose one's wits"
"go out of one's mind"
"be terrified out of one's wits" We would say, "They were beside themselves."
"Thus 'amazed' doesn't capture the utter astonishment and excitement that seized Israel's most gifted teachers." (Chuck Swindoll)

No comments:

Post a Comment