Sunday, October 30, 2011

Just Give Me JOY!






Happiness is highly overrated.
It can be contingent on one's feelings or other people or circumstances or the weather or even the time of the month.
It is fickle and conditional and fleeting.
It is often demanding of others.




True Joy, on the other hand, is a state of the soul.
True Joy is steadfast and unshakable,                                                
regardless of life's trials and struggles.
True Joy is a source of strength even when the bearer is weak.
True Joy does not demand that another fulfill her expectations.
True Joy is the fruit of one who is at peace with her LORD.
True Joy is eternal…in the end you get to take it with you.

Give me True Joy over happiness any day and I will thrive.
True happiness, by the way, is a by-product of "complete JOY" and there is only One source.

John 15:9-12 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in My love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commands and remain in His love. I have told you this so that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

No comments:

Post a Comment