Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pondering: "Friends"

Is it only me or do we all have "friends" like this? 
You can spend an hour, a day, a weekend or a lifetime with a person and you know just about every answer to every question you've asked or they have freely divulged...but you walk away from him or her thinking,  "She doesn't know a thing about me..." And it's not because you wouldn't have been more than willing to share. 

So, is it simply because it's all about them? Or maybe they just don't really care about you and what's happening in your life. I wonder if they ever, for a moment, even consider the fact that you parted ways and they never asked a question, or if they did they quickly filled in with an answer, an opinion or a story of their own. 

Did you ever start to say something and he/she just runs over your voice with his/her own narrative? 

You know what it does for me? Reminds me of what kind of friend I want to be and it also gives me an opportunity to be thankful for the good friends I have...the ones who share a mutual story and interest. The ones who make me feel like I have worth to them. Yeah, it makes me thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment