Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lessons Learned...


This past September, at the Messiah Village Fall Fest, I bought this book,  Lessons Learned on the Journey: Exploring the Realities of Faith Through Word and Art. (I bought it right before they started closing up in a $2.00 a bag special!) I guess it's important for you to know that I didn't buy the book for its written content, but because I loved the illustrations.) So, it just happened that I picked it up and was looking at the amazing line drawings again just last night.

So here's how my God works in my life! I dragged myself to the evening service at the Village tonight. I was way too tried after a long and somewhat trying day and would rather have just stayed home. Except that, for some reason, I was prompted to get up and move it! I can't tell you how surprised I was to walk into the Chapel and see this very book displayed (and on sale for $20.00) and to find out that this evening's featured missionary speaker was no other than Bob Snyder, M.D. the author!

But the story gets even better. He has a ministry among health care providers in Budapest, Hungary.       I kept wondering if he knew my brother-in-law Tim who lived in Budapest for several years with his family. Well, guess what? As soon as I introduced myself and told him my name, he asked if I knew Tim! It is a small world (kind of) and I love how my God works.

Oh, and by-the-way, I think I'll look beyond the pictures and actually read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment