Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So, What Are YOU Going to Do, LORD?


If you have ever prayed a desperate prayer, then maybe you too,
will resonate with the cry of my heart today...

LORD, my prayer is bigger than big-it is enormous...
It's not for me.
It's not for "some thing."
It is not casual.
It is HUGE,
Life-transforming
Heart-changing...
A miracle of dynamic proportions in every sense of the word.

It is for healing,
for restoration,
for the rebuilding of what never was,
or for what has been destroyed...
by life,
by trials,
by wounds,
by loss.

It is said of YOU, "Nothing is impossible with God."
I believe that!
I believe that with everything that is in me.
My prayer,
My request,
My "hope in YOU" has no other basis than this...
"All things are possible with God."

Father, without You,
without Your intervention,
Without an outpouring of grace
And an infilling of Your Spirit,
all is lost in this.
Only You can bring about change.
Only You can work the impossible.
Only You can bring about the mighty miracle that is needed.
Only You!

All is lost without You.
So, what are you going to do about this?


1 John 5:14-15
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him.




No comments:

Post a Comment